I AM IN GALILEE! THE PLACE WHERE JESUS WALKED AND TALKED AND SHOWED HIS AWESOMENESS!
I have seen so much and there is so much to say.
I have visited:
- Sepphoris (capital during Jesus’ youth)
- Gath-hepher (hometown of Jonah)
- Cana (possible place-probably not the real one, but maayyybee)
- Mt Arbel (where we could see the entire Sea of Galilee-it was a cliff)
- Kursi (traditional place where the demons into the swine)
- Tabgha (place where Jesus taught from a boat and a mount close where He gave the Beatitudes)
- Tell-Abel beth Maacah
- Caesarea Philipi
- Mt. Hermon (transfiguration of Jesus)
- Golan Heights (where we could see Syria-and read the conversion of Paul)
The place we are staying at is the only resort on the sea of galilee. As much as you would think that there is a built up town or city, there is really only one city-Tiberias and there is a resort in En Gev-where we are staying. It is just lovely weather. The water is warmer than the ocean. The food is delicious and I am really thankful for the coffee as it is good every morning. The winds do pick up in the evening, but it is never a cold wind.
Funny story: my window latch broke and I couldn’t close my window which was a bummer because the sand was coming in the window and makin a mess! It was nice during the day, but at night-it needed to close. So I was trying to close it but it wouldn’t shut. I thought maybe, I’m just an idiot, so I asked Alex-and she couldn’t close it either. So we walked over to reception and got a maintenance guy to come over and look at my window. He kindly told me that nothing could be done tonight-no way-shocker. So he said he would glue my window shut. I thought, ok fine, I don’t really care. So he came back into my room with a roll of duct tape-green duct tape-and taped my window shut. Moral of the story: College Life is so real life-macaroni and cheese and duct tape always fixes the problem.